June 18, 2012 by RaesOfSunshine
You know those moments when you have no idea what you are about to endure.
After stretching, warming up, and hitting a few rounds on the focus mitts, and doing abs, it was time for the beginners to leave.
All warmed up, the advanced boxers stay for another hour of intense training.
Although I may be petite, I like to believe I’m mighty.
Our coach turned to us and said that we would be giving 100% today.
I always try to give it my all at boxing. It clears my mind and body.
So, what is 100%?
100 of everything (!!!)
This endurance workout is great on focus mitts or a heavy set bag.
When I can not make it to the gym, I am always looking for a boxing or kickboxing regiment to follow on my heavyset bag, so stop looking.
- 100 jabs in right forward fighting stance
- 100 jabs in left forward fighting stance
- 100 hooks in right forward fighting stance
- 100 hooks in left forward fighting stance
- 100 upper cuts in right forward fighting stance
- 100 upper cuts in left forward fighting stance
- 100 right front kicks
- 100 left front kicks
- 100 right round house kicks
- 100 left round house kicks
If you are doing this with a partner and focus mitts, you are enduring double the workout as you give resistance to your partners punches and kicks.
You should try your best to complete the “100” in a row and complete the whole workout without long breaks.
The idea is not to hit with all your strength, but to build your endurance.
What comes to your mind when someone says “100%?”
Let a hard workout clear your mind in order to let the raesofsunshine in.