April 3, 2012 by RaesOfSunshine
When living a healthy life “on the go,” I find it crucial to have go to meals that are prepped ahead of time and are a nutritional pick-me-up.
With Passover around the corner, my pantry is empty.
With Graduation around the corner, my time is gone.
My go-to meal this week?
Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup of frozen brussel sprouts (or whatever vegetables you would like, fresh if you have is fine too!)
- 1 TBS Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Spices: Salt, Pepper, Granulated Garlic to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash sweet potato well. Jab a knife into the sweet potato a few times so that it can cook all the way through.
- Spray a piece of foil with olive oil and wrap the sweet potato.
- Place in oven 30+ minutes until it is soft to touch.
- Defrost frozen brussel sprouts in the microwave & drain liquid
- Spray a pan with the olive oil and sauteed the brussel sprouts with desired spices. Once the brussel sprouts brown, add the Teriyaki sauce. Cook for a minute, letting the sauce coat and caramelize the brussel sprouts. Place into a bowl.
- **At this point, you can put the brussel sprouts into the fridge and leave the sweet potato in the oven to cook while getting other things done. I placed the sweet potato in the fridge after cooking and made the meal the next day.
- Cut open the sweet potato and pour the brussel sprouts in the opening. (If you precooked everything, now place it in the microwave covered until hot)
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sweet potato as well as any additional wanted spices
- Place under the broil and watch the cheese bubble and crisp up! (Watch carefully, depending on the oven, broiling can easily turn to burning)
- Take out & Enjoy :)
This healthy meal can easily be prepared ahead of time. I often pop a sweet potato in the oven while doing things around the house. Also, if you’re
not a brussel sprout fan don’t have brussel sprouts on hand, feel free to use whatever vegetable you desire!
- Low in cholesterol
- High in calcium
- High in dietary fiber
- High in manganese
- High in phosphorus
- High in potassium
- Very high in vitamin A
- High in vitamin B6
- Very high in vitamin C
Jam-packed with nutrition and flavor…a meal like this will give you the energy to go outside and enjoy the raesofsunshine.
Amount Per Serving: 1
Total Fat 6.1g
Saturated Fat 3.7g
|Total Carbohydrates 35.4g|
|Dietary Fiber 7.1g|